Thursday, 31 October 2013

The Shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella

Series: Shopaholic series
Author: Sophie Kinsella
Genre: Romance, Humour, Chick lit
Books in series: The Secret Dreamworld of a Shopaholic, Shopaholic Abroad, Shopaholic Ties the Knot, Shopaholic and Sister, Shopaholic and Baby, and lastly Mini Shopaholic.

Plot from first book: On the face of it, Rebecca Bloomwood has it all. Confident, single and happily living in des-res Fulham with her best friend Suze, she's a financial journalist who spends her days writing articles advising other people on the importance of budgeting and prudent investing. Her private life is a different story though; Rebecca manages her own finances in a way that would make most of her readers' hair curl--for Rebecca is a woman on a mission--she just can't stop spending.
  
  
Review: There are six books, The Secret Dreamworld of a Shopaholic, Shopaholic Takes Manhattan, Shopaholic Ties the Knot, Shopaholic and Sister, Shopaholic and Baby, and last one is Mini Shopaholic.

I enjoyed this series quite a lot, I thought it was hilarious, fun, and just a very light read, sometimes I read these heavy books where you really need to think, and coming back to books like these which are light and funny is just great, but there were parts in some books where Rebecca annoyed me a little, it wasn't too bad though, she definitely made up for it. If you are looking for a light and fun read I would definitely recommend this series, I laughed non stop, but in Shopaholic and Baby I teared up quite a lot, if you read it you will know why, or maybe I am just a weirdo who cries at everything haha.

Stars: I give this series 4.5 stars out of 5, I definitely recommend it, even if you are not really into this kind of books you might end up liking it, or maybe Rebecca will just annoy you (because I've seen that she annoyed some people haha), i mean she did annoy me in a few parts but like i said before she totally makes up for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment