The Collector by Victoria Scott (Dante Walker trilogy) ~Book Review

Book Title: The Collector
Author: Victoria Scott
Series: Dante Walker #1
Genres: Young Adult, Paranormal, Fantasy...
Published: April 2nd 2013 by Entangled teen

Synopsis: Dante Walker is flippin’ awesome, and he knows it. His good looks, killer charm, and stellar confidence has made him one of Hell’s best — a soul collector. His job is simple, weed through humanity and label those round rears with a big red good or bad stamp. Old Saint Nick gets the good guys, and he gets the fun ones. Bag-and-tag.


Sealing souls is nothing personal. Dante’s an equal opportunity collector and doesn’t want it any other way. But he’ll have to adjust, because Boss Man has given him a new assignment: Collect Charlie Cooper’s soul within 10 days.

Dante doesn’t know why Boss Man wants Charlie, nor does he care. This assignment means only one thing to him, and that’s a permanent ticket out of Hell. But after Dante meets the quirky, Nerd Alert chick he’s come to collect—he realises this assignment will test his abilities as a collector, and uncover emotions long ago buried.


Even though the title says The collector, this Review will be about the whole series.

My Review: I only started reading this series because a lot of people whose blogs I follow love this trilogy and love Dante haha, I honestly wasn't sure if I would enjoy it, the synopsis didn't really reel me in if that makes sense (please tell me that it does lmao), but when I started reading it I immediately fell into it and couldn't stop reading it, I mean I finished it in a day, and started reading the second book right away, so I am very happy.

I read this trilogy a few months ago and I still don't 100% know how I feel about Dante though, I mean I do like him, but there are a few things he does in this trilogy that pissed me off, and I can't say anything because I don't want to spoil anything for anyone, but if you have read this book you might know what I am talking about. Charlie for me wasn't really a memorable character if I am being honest, I didn't really fall in love with her like I do with a lot of main characters,the other characters in this series on the other hand I loved!, although I am not going to write them down, in fear that I will forget a character I like hahaha.

I would totally recommend this book to anyone who wants to read it, I actually have recommended it a few times already and I will continue to do so because I really like this book and this trilogy, so far Victoria Scott has not disappointed me, I love all her books, and I can not wait for Salt and Stone, the second book in the Fire and Flood (series/trilogy ?).

Stars: 4.5 out of 5 stars
Would I re-read this trilogy ?: Definitely sometime in the future!.

Have you read this trilogy ?
What did you think of it ? 

Comments

  1. Sounds like it could be an interesting series to read, I haven't read any of Scott's work yet but must get around to it! Thanks for the thought-provoking review!

    Thea @ Gizzimomo's Book Shelf

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Feature and Follow Friday #2, I am a Featured Blog!!

Waiting on Wednesday: Side effects may vary

Feature and Follow Friday #1