Review: Birthday Girl

Book title: Birthday Girl
Author: Penelope Douglas
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary, Romance

Synopsis: 

JORDAN
He took me in when I had nowhere else to go.

He doesn't use me, hurt me, or forget about me. He doesn't treat me like I'm nothing, take me for granted, or make me feel unsafe.

He remembers me, laughs with me, and looks at me. He listens to me, protects me, and sees me. I can feel his eyes on me over the breakfast table, and my heart pumps so hard when I hear him pull in the driveway after work.

I have to stop this. It can't happen.

My sister once told me there are no good men, and if you find one, he's probably unavailable.

Only Pike Lawson isn't the unavailable one.

I am.

PIKE
I took her in, because I thought I was helping.

She'd cook a few meals and clean up a little. It was an easy arrangement.

As the days go by, though, it's becoming anything but easy. I have to stop my mind from drifting to her and stop holding my breath every time I bump into her in the house. I can't touch her, and I shouldn't want to.

The more I find my path crossing hers, though, the more she's becoming a part of me.

But we're not free to give into this. She's nineteen, and I'm thirty-eight.

And her boyfriend's father.

Unfortunately, they both just moved into my house.
 
Review: I was a little unsure about reading this one because of the taboo storyline, but one of my new favorite booktubers was recommending it so i decided to give it a shot because so far I have liked all the books that she has talked about that i have read.

I thought that i would not enjoy this book because it sounds like it would just be weird, but the author handled this kind of story pretty well, it's not just about Jordan and Pike wanting to bone they were on the same page and they were just meant to be together and reading it you can totally see why they would fall for each other and that they should be together.

The only thing i didn't like was how long it took for them to finally be together but I understood it because if they would have gotten together right away the story would not be as good as it is especially since Pike is her boyfriends father and this kind of story needs to be written well otherwise it is just cringey and bad.

Stars: 5 out of 5

Favorite Quotes:

“I want a life I never want to take a vacation from.” 
 
“Time passes by you like a bullet,” he says, “and fear gives you the excuses you’re craving to not do the things you know you should. Don’t doubt yourself, don’t second-guess, don’t let fear hold you back, don’t be lazy, and don’t base your decisions on how happy it will make others. Just go for it, okay?” 

Check this book out: 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feature and Follow Friday #2, I am a Featured Blog!!

Waiting on Wednesday: Side effects may vary

Waiting on Wednesday: Salt & Stone by Victoria Scott