Review: Scandalous by L.J. Shen (Sinners of Saint #3)

Synopsis:
They call him The Mute for a reason.
Hard, cold and calculated, he rarely speaks.
When he does, it’s with disdain.
When he does, his words aren’t meant for me.
When he does, my stomach flips and my world tilts on its axis.
He is thirty-three.
I am eighteen.
He’s a single dad and my father’s business partner.
I’m just a kid to him and his enemy’s daughter.
He’s emotionally unavailable.
And I am…feeling. Feeling things I shouldn’t feel for him.
Trent Rexroth is going to break my heart. The writing isn’t just on the wall, it’s inked on my soul.
And yet, I can’t stay away.
A scandal is the last thing my family needs. But a scandal is what we’re going to give them.
And oh, what beautiful chaos it will be


Review:
After I read Vicious i wanted to look into the other books in this series and i wasn't really feeling Dean's book (the second book in this series) so i checked out this one, which is the third book in the series, and when i saw the age gap thing i knew i wanted to read it because i am really into that right now (as long as neither character is underage, i would not be into it if one of them were underage, that is not my jam.)

I got to say that i enjoyed this book more than the first one, i devoured it in less than a day. 

I love Trent and Edie, they didn't really have anything in common but they fit so well together, you wouldn't think so because Edie is 18 and Trent is 33, but Edie was not immature or anything like that, the way that she grew up made her emotionally older if that makes sense.

I do recommend that you read this book, but like is said in my Vicious review, this book is not for everyone.

Stars: 5 out of 5


Quotes i liked:

“She’s a maze with no escape. An ethereal, steady pulse. She’s there, but just barely. I love her so much I sometimes hate her. And it terrifies me, because deep down, I know what she is. An unsolvable puzzle. And I know who I am. The idiot who would try to fix her. At any cost.”

“Because sometimes, our favorite things are the ones that make us cry.”  

Goodreads
Amazon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feature and Follow Friday #2, I am a Featured Blog!!

Waiting on Wednesday: Side effects may vary

Waiting on Wednesday: Salt & Stone by Victoria Scott