Review: Vicious by L.J. Shen (Sinners of Saint #1)

Synopsis:

Emilia

They say love and hate are the same feelings experienced under different circumstances, and it’s true. The man who comes to me in my dreams also haunts me in my nightmares. He is a brilliant lawyer. A skilled criminal. A beautiful liar. A bully and a savior, a monster and a lover.

Ten years ago, he made me run away from the small town where we lived. Now, he came for me in New York, and he isn’t leaving until he takes me with him.

Vicious

She is a starving artist. Pretty and evasive like cherry blossom. Ten years ago, she barged into my life unannounced and turned everything upside down. She paid the price.

Emilia LeBlanc is completely off-limits, my best friend’s ex-girlfriend. The woman who knows my darkest secret, and the daughter of the cheap Help we hired to take care of our estate. That should deter me from chasing her, but it doesn’t. So she hates me. Big fucking deal. She better get used to me.


Review: 

I finally decided to read this book after seeing it everywhere and i mean everywhere, every time i opened my kindle there was an ad for this book or when i was looking at books online, i wasn't really excited about reading this book, because i saw so many negative reviews, i did see a lot of positive as well but i mostly read the negative reviews so i wasn't really up for reading this book to be completely honest, but one of my favorite booktuber has talked about this book a lot and so far every book that she has recommended that i have read i loved so much so i was like fuck it and decided to finally pick it up.

Let me start by saying that this book is definitely not for everyone, it has bullying, blackmailing and all that jazz, so unless you are into dark romances with those kinds of things in your book i don't recommend that you read it. 

Vicious is definitely an asshole there are times where you want to either punch him in the face or hug him, the more you find out about his past the more you realize why he is the way he is even though that doesn't excuse the bad things he does but you do kind of understand him more

Emilia is a character you can't help but like she had so much strength and she isn't forgetting and forgiving the things Vicious did easily, which i really liked a respected about her.

I am not a person who is really into the whole asshole thing it just has to be written well with good character development and i think that L.J. Shen did a great job on that, so i do recommend this book, but do know that it is definitely not for everyone.

Quotes i liked:

“We’ve waited a long time for this. I want the real thing. Not the watered-down version. And the real thing is not only beautiful. It is also ugly. I want your truth.”

“I used to think of you as a villain, but you’re not my villain. You’re your own villain.”

Stars: 4 out of 5

Goodreads
Amazon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feature and Follow Friday #2, I am a Featured Blog!!

Waiting on Wednesday: Side effects may vary

Waiting on Wednesday: Salt & Stone by Victoria Scott