Review: The Unhoneymooners

Book Title: The Unhoneymooners
Author: Christina Lauren
Genre: Adult, Romance, Contemporary

Synopsis: Olive Torres is used to being the unlucky twin: from inexplicable mishaps to a recent layoff, her life seems to be almost comically jinxed. By contrast, her sister Ami is an eternal champion . . . she even managed to finance her entire wedding by winning a slew of contests. Unfortunately for Olive, the only thing worse than constant bad luck is having to spend the wedding day with the best man (and her nemesis), Ethan Thomas.

Olive braces herself for wedding hell, determined to put on a brave face, but when the entire wedding party gets food poisoning, the only people who aren’t affected are Olive and Ethan. Suddenly there’s a free honeymoon up for grabs, and Olive will be damned if Ethan gets to enjoy paradise solo.

Agreeing to a temporary truce, the pair head for Maui. After all, ten days of bliss is worth having to assume the role of loving newlyweds, right? But the weird thing is . . . Olive doesn’t mind playing pretend. In fact, the more she pretends to be the luckiest woman alive, the more it feels like she might be.


Review: This is another book with the whole enemies to lovers trope and my god did i freaking enjoy it so much, it made me laugh out loud so many times. This book is definitely on the list of my favorite books of all time I enjoyed it that much, it's not always easy to find books that you enjoy this much but i have been lucky lately and have loved almost all of the books I have read this year after a 4 year reading slump.

I definitely recommend this one if you want a funny romance book with great characters that you fall in love with.

Stars: 5 out of 5

Goodreads
Amazon


Quotes from the book:

“I am a homebody, through and through, and there’s nothing like being home.” 

“Don't threaten me with a good time” 

“knew he was a book lover, but to be the same kind of book lover I am? It makes my insides melt.”  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feature and Follow Friday #2, I am a Featured Blog!!

Waiting on Wednesday: Side effects may vary

Waiting on Wednesday: Salt & Stone by Victoria Scott